[PLUG] clinic - bring all the APU stuff

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sat Dec 14 20:42:50 UTC 2019

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 11:03:17AM -0800, wes wrote:
> The Linux Clinic is this Sunday, 1-5pm. Bring your ailing systems or

Wes -  Please bring all the APU stuff to clinic, and
I will get it working with a little help from you.

----- details -----

I'll be bringing my 2nd copy of the APU (which boots, and
is partially configured) and an Scientific Linux 7 laptop
( "kao5", also partially configured) and a copy of the
files from the old ALIX (which was stripped down to bare
essentials plus a few helpful bash scripts ).

I will continue to use OpenVPN 2.3 for now;  I am compiling
OpenVPN 2.3.18 (or 2.3.14 which is running on the alix now)
for the APU, currently using kao5 as the working platform.

I'll also bring two laptops and a small 100M 5 port hub
for simulating the house network.  Perhaps we can test
openvpn using that.

I hope to swap the APU for the ALIX before end of year.

-----

After that, upgrade all the laptops to SL7 over the next
two months.  A lot of the "upgrade" will be discarding
apps I'm not using anymore ... simplify, simplify.

Some will be tweaking mate to behave as much like ancient
gnome-2 as possible.  If gnome-3 can be made to look and
behave very much like gnome-2, that would be OK as well.

Keith

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com