[PLUG] Thinkpads and screensavers

Tomas Kuchta tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 08:22:41 UTC 2019

Just for the reference - On my Ubuntu 18.04 as well as openSuse the
trackpad is disabled when I type. AFAIK, it has always been like that and
the external mouse keeps DE awake.

Perhaps you needed to generate new DE setup files since you did not install
from scratch for a while.

I had to reset users DE in their home dirs when running IT after almost
every upgrade/rebuild. Not doing it, led to too many quirks and complains.

The easiest way to do that is to logout from DE, move all .files and .dirs
as well as /tmp .files and .first to a backup using remote login. Then
restart your DE. That recreates clean config files. Merge your olds stuff
back to your home, keeping the new files intact if you need to.

Hope it helps,