[PLUG] Network troubleshooting help

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 23:51:36 UTC 2019

>  At the command line ifconfig still shows enp0s31f6, but it is not
> connected. I tried sudo ifconfig enp0s31f6 up, which executed without
> error, but still no connection.

I didn't see anywhere in your post that eth port had an ip address.

No ip address = No ping

1. Try taking the eth port down and then bring it back up again.

2. Check the eth port for an ip addr w. "ifconfig -a"

3. If there's an ip addr look at your arp cache table with the command "arp
-a" command to see if you can see other devices on local subnet such as
your router.