[PLUG] Can't mount Synology NAS

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Wed Dec 18 19:41:37 UTC 2019

I have been happily using my Synology NAS for quite a while, but after
moving everything to a new computer the mount line in fstab no longer
works:

192.168.1.115:/volume1/Synology /media/jjj/Synology nfs auto,user 0 0

When I first set this up it took a fair-sized thread here before I
finally got it right. Hope it won't take that long again.

Oh, and 192.168.1.115 is correct; at least it responds to that when I
ping it. And the folder /media/jjj/Synology definitely exists. The rest
of it is beyond my ken.

Any suggestions welcome!