[PLUG] Two hosts: lo address and route issues

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Dec 18 21:55:07 UTC 2019

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019, Russell Senior wrote:

> As I mentioned, probably several times before, if you are on the same
> network (in your case 192.168.55.x/24) then you don't need to specify a
> route to get to other addresses on that same network.

Russell,

That's why I could not determine why could not communicate between
192.168.55.3 and 192.168.55.4.

Changed the laptop to use DHCP and the ER-X assigned IP address of
192.168.55.101.

Added the router's host name and the domain name.

Upgraded to ER-e50.v2.0.8.5247496.tar. Waited until it told me to reboot;
confirmed that I wanted the router to reboot. There was no error in
upgrading.

Now I can no longer connect; firefox cannot reload 192.168.55.4. The router
will stay powered on as I don't believe it has a journaling OS.

Please suggest a next step.