[PLUG] clinic from dec. 15 named.conf question

Vince Winter vince.winter at freegeek.org
Thu Dec 19 21:09:31 UTC 2019

Just learned that the list doesn't allow attachments.

named.conf
-----

//
// named.conf
//
// Provided by Red Hat bind package to configure the ISC BIND named(8) DNS
// server as a caching only nameserver (as a localhost DNS resolver only).
//
// See /usr/share/doc/bind*/sample/ for example named configuration files.
//
// See the BIND Administrator's Reference Manual (ARM) for details about the
// configuration located in /usr/share/doc/bind-{version}/Bv9ARM.html
options {
listen-on port 53 { 127.0.0.1; 192.168.150.1; };
//listen-on-v6 port 53 { ::1; };
directory "/var/named";
dump-file "/var/named/data/cache_dump.db";
statistics-file "/var/named/data/named_stats.txt";
memstatistics-file "/var/named/data/named_mem_stats.txt";
recursing-file  "/var/named/data/named.recursing";
secroots-file   "/var/named/data/named.secroots";
allow-query     { localhost; 192.168.150.0/24; any; };
/*
- If you are building an AUTHORITATIVE DNS server, do NOT enable recursion.
- If you are building a RECURSIVE (caching) DNS server, you need to enable
  recursion.
- If your recursive DNS server has a public IP address, you MUST enable
access
  control to limit queries to your legitimate users. Failing to do so will
  cause your server to become part of large scale DNS amplification
  attacks. Implementing BCP38 within your network would greatly
  reduce such attack surface
*/
recursion yes;
dnssec-enable yes;
dnssec-validation yes;
/* Path to ISC DLV key */
bindkeys-file "/etc/named.iscdlv.key";
managed-keys-directory "/var/named/dynamic";
pid-file "/run/named/named.pid";
session-keyfile "/run/named/session.key";
};
logging {
        channel default_debug {
                file "data/named.run";