[PLUG] asking advice on secure texting application

PRD prd-plug at nobig5.com
Tue Dec 24 21:15:48 UTC 2019

On Sat, 16 Nov 2019 13:13, logical american wrote:
> I just recently found out that my Signal Messaging Application on my
> Apple Iphone has been compromised.

Yikes!  Sorry I missed this earlier.  This is very concerning.  Could you
please elaborate?  How did you detect this?  What happened to the other
apps when they were compromised?

If you are interested in cryptography applications, then it is safe to
assume you know about Bruce Schneier.  His Crypto-Gram mail list has been
a source of value knowledge about just these types of issues over the past
15 years.  And you also know that Signal is the standard; I'm not aware of
any alternative product that is as good with the same feature profile.

I noticed a while ago you asked a similar question about secure e-mail.
Did you find what you were looking for?

--
PRD