[PLUG] DNS over HTTPS

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 04:14:00 UTC 2019

Has anyone dug into this much or actually using it?

It's experimental in Chrome but not currently available in the .deb
version.

Apparently, It has been a Firefox feature for a few years, but Chrome has
been my browser of choice for many years now.

OpenWrt supports DoH through DNSMasq and HTTPS-DNS-Proxy. Which is nice
because then all your LAN / WLAN devices can use it after setting up once
and makes troubleshooting any problems related to it much easier.

I know a few years ago, DNSMasq was pretty standard on Ubuntu / Debian
based distros. Which makes me think there's probably a HTTPS-DNS-Proxy
package for most Linux distros.