[PLUG] CentOS 6 x86 and KVM

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 02:24:15 UTC 2019

Short answer: Yes.

KVM is the kernel module used for virtualization, it is automatically
loaded if the CPU supports virtualization. You, the user will never
interact with KVM. Instead you want to look at the userspace components,
such as qemu or libvirt. KVM is a backend module that is probably installed
alongside the kernel and is mostly invisible to the user.