[PLUG] font rendering Re: gnome2-like behavior ...

Tom tgrom.automail at nuegia.net
Sun Dec 29 19:12:37 UTC 2019

On Sun, 29 Dec 2019 05:48:34 -0800 (PST)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Dec 2019, Tom wrote:
>
> > So I set out to find a non-gtk3 non-vte based terminal emulator.
> > Konsole (KDE's terminal) works very well and includes some
> > convenient features. However It also pulls in several hundred
> > megabytes of KDE dependencies so I had to continue my search. I
> > ended up on Qterminal from the LXDE and LXQT project. They aim to
> > have each component be modular so it's very easy to take the good
> > parts and mix/mash them with other software.
>
> Interesting thread. What's your opinion of urxvt? I've used it for
> years (with Xfce) and have no complaints at all.
>
> Rich

I've used it before. Even still have my .Xresources config laying
around somewhere. It's a fine terminal, maybe just doesn't have the
features I want. However, if urxvt fits your needs I'd highly suggest
taking a look at st. It looks pretty much the same except with a puny
codebase and rocksolid code quality. Along with many community patches
for additional functionality. https://st.suckless.org/