[PLUG] Artix - Fork of Arch Linux

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 19:53:21 UTC 2019

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 9:54 AM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> Unlike a telephone conversation (remember those?), email messages are not
> immediate. In fact, many people just ignore them. :-)

....... ok you know what? You clearly have no intention of following your
own advice.

You literally comment on just about every thread. You can't leave anything
alone. Ever since I first joined the list I've seen the name "Rich Shepard"
spamming it like his own personal chat room.

At first all I did was lurk. Had no real intention of joining the
conversation until someone showed an interest in trying Slackware. And what
did I see? "Rich Shepard" giving the most blatantly incorrect advice I've
ever seen. You literally set someone up for failure, giving him
troubleshooting steps that made no sense. Nothing you say is accurate. Half
the problems you encounter with your Slackware install are self-inflicted
and you NEVER miss an opportunity to tell someone how old you are.

Truth is, I don't care if other PLUG members think I'm out of line. Your
selfish attempts to insert yourself into EVERY conversation is a problem.
The tone of a community is set by it's senior members, which in PLUG's case
is the generation that gave the world DDT and Donald Trump. The bulk of
activity on PLUG comes from people who will be dead within 20-30 years. In
10 years the neural degeneration will probably take away your ability to
use a computer. Don't like my attitude? Tough, I'll outlive you by decades
so I honestly don't care about your opinions. You fucked up technology,
politics, built a floating island of garbage in the pacific ocean, and now
you have the fucking balls to give me advice.

You had your chance to do the right thing, and you missed.
-Ben