[PLUG] Setting up HP LaserJet Pro MFP M148dw -- minor progress

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Feb 1 13:56:24 UTC 2019

On Thu, 31 Jan 2019, Dick Steffens wrote:

> I just ran both of those and then attempted a restart. The login screen
> shows up, but the mouse and keyboard no longer connect. When I try to ssh
> in I get,
>
> ssh: connect to host 192.168.0.134 port 22: No route to host
>
> Sigh. Did I skip something important? Or did something else get messed up?

Boy howdy! You are experiencing a setup vortex of major inconvenience. In
non-technical terms it's a PITA.

What packages were upgraded?

When I see the 'no route to host' message I check that /etc/resolv.conf is
properly set up, then I check /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1.conf to ensure that no
network configuration settings there were removed. Then I'll restart the
network using /etc/rc.d/rc.inet restart.

I noticed earlier this week that the kernel has been upgraded. I put that
off until the weekend because it requires rebuilding the initrd (initial ram
disk), checking that the new kernwl is copied to /boot/... (I forget the
path on 64-bit systems as this host is a 32-bit system) as Ed laid out in an
earlier message.

For now that's all I can think to suggest.

Regards,