[PLUG] FYI - ROSEBURG , Oregon HAS FIBER IN ~50% OF COUNTY PER Douglas Fast Net (DFN)

mitch Stanley webuyhousesphxaz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 15:57:07 UTC 2019

We are thinking of relocating to Roseburg , OR  & surprise they have Fiber
per DFN <https://dfn.net/about-dfn> . I was pleasantly surprised ! I feel
the prices are reasonable - 100Mbps @39.99 / 250Mbps @$54.99 & Giga@ $89.99
<https://dfn.net/fiber-in-the-home>

If Roseburg can do it , Portland should have accomplished this too!    The
only thing affecting this lack of Fiber in PDX is  entrenched interests -
 Why offer
fiber when the Big Guys are offering  Broad band @ $65/mo  ( My Xfinity
bill for 100Mbps )  & you don't have to invest $$$ anymore plus you can Buy
- SKY, Unviversal Pictures , & maybe a TV Network , like NBC.

Sorry for preaching to the Choir , I do not know whom to write , call,ect
my frustration with the entrenched system.  We would like to live in Semi
Rural area
but lack of Broadband drastically limits one choices but to larger cities /
urban areas.

Have a Great Weekend,

Sincerely ,

Mitch S.