[PLUG] Using the internet for good

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 22:05:21 UTC 2019

People like to blame modern technology and the internet for causing the
worlds problems.

I'd like to share a case of how the internet can be used to SOLVE problems.

For some older PLUG users, you may remember tech tv and "The Screensavers".
It was a broadcast television show.

I was pretty young, but I remember watching some of those tech reviews.
Interesting stuff, and then it went away. Bought, and eliminated by a
larger TV network.

The people who made those tech reviews in the early days of PC computing
are still around, thanks to the internet.
https://twit.tv/

I'll let their content speak for itself. The internet is the reason they
still exist, and I'm glad they still do.

Fast, reliable internet access can enable you to learn so much more about
our world. Without it, you might not even know the world exists.

That's what life was for thousands of years. Flat and boring.

So yeah, lets NOT care about internet access. Dial-up FOR EVERYBODY.
-Ben