[PLUG] Fixiing Slackware upgrade mistake

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Sun Feb 3 00:53:38 UTC 2019

I ran slackpkg update and then slackpkg upgrade-all. There was a kernel
upgrade included, and I neglected to copy /boot/vmlinuz-huge to
/boot/efi/EFI/Slackware/vmlinuz. Of course, the machine would not work
correctly when I rebooted. I watched it load, but the mouse and keyboard
were not operating. I booted from the install USB stick. Then I created
mount points for sda1 and sda2. Then I copied /boot/vmlinuz-huge from
sda2 to /boot/efi/EFI/Slackware/vmlinuz. When I rebooted mouse and
keyboard worked and I was able to log in. However, I only one monitor is
working. Alas, I don't have notes from the clinic that tell me what was
fixed then to get both monitors working.

A clue stick will be appreciated, and once I'm done, I'll keep notes to
follow in the future (even write the script that was recommended weeks
ago) so this doesn't happen again.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens