[PLUG] Fixiing Slackware upgrade mistake

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 07:39:11 UTC 2019

Make sure the kernel version you are running is the kernel version you have
installed.

so, for example
$ slackpkg search kernel-generic
You probably get entries for 4.4.172

$ uname -r
returns the kernel version currently running.
If these don't match then it won't work.

Also, the errors you posted are the result of the the problem. I need to
see more of the log to know what actually happened. Feel free to send me a
direct email with it attached as a text file.