[PLUG] The Tragedy of systemd

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 20:03:33 UTC 2019

On 02/08/2019 09:57 PM, tgrom.automail at nuegia.net wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 16:34:48 -0600
> Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello lists,
>>
>> It's hard to do linux without wondering some things about systemd,
>> this talk may answer some questions:
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_AIw9bGogo
>>
> Please stop with your CoC pushing and calling everyone who calls out
> systemd for the horrible mess it is "old" and "not wanting to change".
>
> Instead you should base your arguments on provable facts, like such:
>
> http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
>
> https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues

If Windows is so great, why are they so focused on developing for Linux?

This is happening in every linux user group. PLUG, PSU, random people
you meet on the street and on the internet. All it takes is 3 words and
these people will run their mouths off about how bad init scripts are
despite decades of success. They don't care about facts, and make a
point in ignoring any attempts to discuss the merits of systemd.

Note how comments are disabled for that video, they know that it will
get a negative reaction. This is a classic totalitarian tactic to
control communication and spread mis-information.

They praise Microsoft and write code that is - By their own admission -
designed after the win32 architecture knowing that this is against what
we do here. They aren't looking to develop on Linux, they are working to
destroy it.

Like Lennart Poettering said, "a fish rots from the down", and that
video brought a nasty fish smell to every list it was posted to.