[PLUG] Need new mobile phone; Treos no longer supported

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Feb 22 13:51:03 UTC 2019

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> My little story about buying a used phone:

John,

Not a happy tale and I'm glad you found an outstanding solution. I suspect
that the 'used' Nokia Amazon is shipping to me is actually a return that
they cannot sell as a new unit. The source is 'Amazon Warehouse' but I don't
know how that differs from any other Amazon purchase.

As I told the jpilot developer and others on the mail list I use the Palm
PIMs multiple times each day for business and personal needs, and have since
I bought a Palm Pilot II in the middle Pleistocene.

A company called Style Tap seels an Android application that provides the
Palm PIMs; today I'll contact them and learn if that will sync with the
jpilot desktop. If not, I'll buy a Plam Pilot on eBay since I cannot find
the couple I've had here for years.

> So in your shopping consider MetroPCS to be T-Mobile's bargain basement.

Will do so.

Many thanks,