[PLUG] Open read-only partition read-write

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Sat Feb 23 06:47:02 UTC 2019

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 11:56:02 -0800
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at gmx.com> dijo:

>I should know how to do this, but I can't figure it out.

OK, I just discovered significant evidence, although I don't know what
it means.

1) / (root) is now mounted in /media/jjj

2) Looking at it I noticed that mnt is not there. Looking further down
I found it as a file. Right-clicking on it in PCFileMan gives the
popup: "mnt" inode/x-corrupted type.

Throughout today's saga I could not help but think that there was
something seriously wrong with the filesystem on /. The other
filesystems may also be corrupted, although their bizarre behavior may
be do to their being mounted incorrectly.

The first step is to fix /, which I know there is a command for. But
it's too late to remember it. Tomorrow morning I will tackle this first
thing. Also I will try to figure out how this happened.