[PLUG] CCC

David Bridges dbridges at austin.rr.com
Sun Feb 24 17:52:45 UTC 2019

> I tried BRU, didn't work.  I have BackupPC on FreeNAS as an option,
> don't know how to set it up though.  One backup program for Mac,
> Linux,
> and Windows would be preferable.

I've used Bacula for backups/restores for many years both Linux and
Windows and it has worked great for us.  I do see that there is a
client bacula-fd for Mac as well but I do not have any experience using
it.

There are some GUI frontends for it but we have always just used the
command line.

It can make bare metal restores although I only have done this on linux
systems and it does take some additional work, in my case custom boot
images we boot via PXE that contains a preconfigured bacula-fd client.

I use it for a handful of Windows servers and a little over 100 linux
servers at work and have it running at home for all of my personal
stuff (linux only)

--
David