[PLUG] Resolved: Convert .wav to .mp3 in Slackware 14.2

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 06:03:10 UTC 2019

Yep, read the info page on Slackbuilds.org for details, but that is the
general idea. For build-time dependencies, the workflow is as follows:

1) build dependencies with slackbuild script

2) install dependencies with installpkg

3) build target package with slackbuild script

4) install target package with installpkg

5) all done, enjoy :)

Build deps will always be listed on the SBo page, however in the case of
ffmpeg it gets a bit extreme. In general the instructions on SBo are
really basic, so if encounter a huge wall of text (see:
http://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/multimedia/ffmpeg/ ) then you
probably want to read it.

Just whatever you do, don't try to build inkscape. It's not worth the
pain and suffering.