[PLUG] Determining if a newer version of a Slackpkg is available

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 02:33:14 UTC 2019

On 2/26/19 7:48 AM, King Beowulf wrote:
> On 2/25/19 9:52 PM, Ben Koenig wrote:
>> Considering how long it's taken nvidia to fix, I think you are allowed
>> to be cranky.
>>
>> I see a bunch of new downloads on their website, did they finally fix it?
>>
>> Or do I need to place an order for a Vega 56?
>>

> You are gainfully employed now. go for ot!
>
> I haven't tested the Nvidia updates yet for the new Slackware kernels.
> In progress.
>
> -Ed

Bought a core3D sound card instead. Vega will have to wait.

Nvidia + Ryzen has been resulting in some lock ups for people. My uptime
has been capped at 4 days with nvidia-418.30 :(

I'll know by Saturday if 418.43 fixed anything. FWIW my laptop (ryzen
2700U) has been up for 22 days. I even left it in suspend for a solid
week and it came back up like a champ.

This is on -current, but if my system is still running at the end of the
week I'm gonna call the driver "stable".

-Ben