[PLUG] Setting up nVidia driver on Slackware

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Wed Jan 2 23:21:16 UTC 2019

This my be related to my ssh -X "Could not parse arguments: Cannot open
display:" problem.

I ran the various SlackBuilds scripts to install the nVidia driver. It
all looked normal, like the other installs I've been doing. But, when I
try to run nvidia-settings I get this error message:

ERROR: The control display is undefined; please run nvidia-settings –help …

Is there some place where I was supposed to do something to set
$DISPLAY? Or is this some other use of the word display?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens