[PLUG] Repairable(?) Sit/Stand Desk Attachment, Free to a Good Home

Tim tim-pdxlug at sentinelchicken.org
Sun Jan 13 02:15:21 UTC 2019

A few years back I bought one of these:
  https://www.amazon.com/Ergotron-WorkFit-S-Workstation-Worksurface-33-351-200/dp/B0076O1NCM

It helps a lot with back strain, etc.  For the most part, it is very
well built with lots of steel parts and well thought-out adjustible
design.

However, the device has a fatal flaw.  The pulley mechanism which
regulates the up-down motion relies on a fairly flimsy, braided rope.
This frayed and snapped on me, causing the device to become a
stand-only desk attachment.  Fortunately for me, the device was still
under it's 5 year warranty, so the manufacturer sent me a new one, no
charge, and they didn't want the old one back.

What to do with the old one?  I think it is probably repairable, for
someone who is mechanically inclined and has the time to work on it.
If you want to take a crack at it, it is yours for FREE.  I can tell
you what I know about how it works and how to open some parts of it.
I just think it would be a shame to send it to the metal scrap yard,
but that's what will happen if no one local wants it.  Email privately
to arrange a hand-off.

Cheers,
tim