[PLUG] windows launched w/title hidden

Ben techkoenig at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 15:24:20 UTC 2019

"Smart" window placement means that newly opened windows will be placed
in a more "intelligent" way.

Normal window placement picks a spot on the screen and draws the window
there every time. Typically this means using the origin, 0,0, which is
the top left corner in X11.

"smart" placement will take into consideration that you probably have
other windows and apps when opening another application. This includes
your dock bar and panel.

The amount of space used by your panel is labeled as "reserved". For a
given monitor resolution, your effective resolution for window placement
is calculated like this:

availableHeight = screenHeight - (screenHeight - panelHeight)

availableWidth = screenWidth -  (screenWidth - panelWidth)  // For
desktops with side panels

If you open an application that requests to be placed outside the
"available" area AND smart placement is enabled, then your window
manager will choose a more appropriate position.