[PLUG] windows launched w/title hidden

Ben techkoenig at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 05:35:31 UTC 2019

On 1/13/19 8:15 AM, Denis Heidtmann wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation.  It makes sense that smart means don't put the
> window in a stupid place.
>
> But I have a couple of questions.
> Your equation availableHeight = screenHeight - (screenHeight - panelHeight)
> resolves to
> availableHeight =  panelHeight using conventional algebra.  I am not sure
> what this means.
>
> Also, you have described what smart is, but what is smarty? I assume by the
> usual conventions
> of computer languages changing the name changes the meaning.

Did I screw up my algebra? Oops, forgot how PEMDAS works I guess.

There's an equation for determining available space, then another for
actually placing the window, I think I might have merged them which
doesn't really work....

Either way smarty just refers to reserving space of the y-axis by
subtracting the panelsize from your display height. It's ooooold
terminology.