[PLUG] Installing clamtk on Slackware 14.2

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Tue Jan 22 21:05:45 UTC 2019

On 1/22/19 11:34 AM, Ben Koenig wrote:
> perl-glib has 2 dependencies. Did you install those before installing the
> glib module?

Yes, perl-extutils-depends, and perl-extutils-pkgconfig. Neither of them
list any further dependencies.

> On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 3:00 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
> wrote:
>
>> IIRC, it's easier to get the requirements installed using CPAN. If you
>> try
>> to use the command I sent before to install UserAgent.pm and it tells you
>> it
>> needs SomeOneElse.pm you stay at the perl cpan prompt and intall it, then
>> up-arrow and try installing UserAgent.pm again.

I'm trying Rich's recommendation. I have two terminal windows open. CPAN
is running in one. I run clamtk in the other. Each time I run it I get
another requirement for another Pearl module, so I install it in CPAN
and try running clamtk again. I figure since it's a different "new"
requirement, I'll just keep working through them until it either it or I
get exhausted.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens