[PLUG] Google Earth on Slackware Laptop

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Fri Jan 25 01:59:32 UTC 2019

On 1/24/19 3:51 PM, Vince Winter wrote:
> What does google earth pro do when you try to run the program? I have some
> experience getting it run on Debian based systems.

The program loads, and the text stuff appears in the usual places. The
only problem is that the pane where the images are supposed to be is
transparent. I.e., the desktop wallpaper, or whatever other program
windows are open shows through the Google Earth window. The top, bottom,
and side lines are all there.

I know the laptop hardware is capable of running GE because I had it
running on Ubuntu MATE 16.04.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens