[PLUG] Scanning with HP Laserjet Pro M148dw

Rigel Hope gnu at rigelhope.org
Sat Jan 26 06:44:39 UTC 2019

i have an older laserjet AIO device, and there is an arcane process
for setting up the device to work as a scanner. I had to use command
line tools, installed, i believe, from the HPLIP website rather than
from the debian or ubuntu package manager. Since I did it a few years
ago, and have not had to do it again i don't recall the details, but
it is definitely possible to get even older HP all in one devices
working as both printer and scanner. fax, too, if you have a landline
or t.38 capable provider and converter box.

it did take me a fairly substantial amount of web searching. i will
look to see if i have some notes somewhere, but no promises.