[PLUG] large format (>=13 x >=20-inches) flatbed scanners?

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Wed Jan 30 23:24:16 UTC 2019

I have a poster, an ASCII CODING CHART, from Milne Computer Center at OSU
that's been on my wall for 30+ years. It was originally produced with a pen
plotter and has some nice font effects.  I'd like to get it scanned. I
tried on my flatbed scanner, but the working surface is too small and I
need 6 scans to get it all (I realize I could do it in 4 with a different
orientation), and stitching it together is *not perfect*.  I am aiming for
perfect.

Does anyone have a large format scanner that can do at least 13x20 inches?
I'd like 1200 dpi, but even 300 would be an improvement over my bodge job
of stitchery.  Or, do you know of a place I could reasonably get it done?
My initial searches suggest local commercial options are quite expensive,
like on the order of $50, which is moderately ridiculous, but maybe I
haven't found the right people yet.

Also, does anyone have an HP pen plotter?

Thanks!

--
Russell Senior
russell at personaltelco.net