[PLUG] Setting up HP LaserJet Pro MFP M148dw -- minor progress

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jan 31 22:55:58 UTC 2019

On Thu, 31 Jan 2019, Dick Steffens wrote:

>> For slackware driver upgrade noticess are provided by email if you're
>> signed up for them; I think this is done via the slackware.com web site.
>
> Thanks. I'll make sure I do that.

Dick,

More generally: the mail list notifies us about _all_ package upgrades for
security fixes. For bug and other patched packages run slackpkg which is
part of the core distribution. I usually do this on Friday or Saturday. The
procedure is (as root):

# slackpkg update

# slackpkg upgrade-all

If the CHANGELOG is empty slackpkg will tell you this. Otherwise, upgrade
the available packages.

SBo has an equivalent package management/upgrade system: sbopkg
<https://sbopkg.org>.

Regards,