[PLUG] Xfig question

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Mon Jul 1 17:25:14 UTC 2019

On 6/30/19 3:43 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:> I wonder how many Tcl/Tk
applications are still being used and supported.
> While xfig is comparatively primative it is easy to learn (when used
> sufficiently frequently) and offers fine control. Not as fine as PSTricks,
> but for the occasional user like me it's much quicker.

Regarding Tcl/Tk applications, I don't know about Tk usage, but Tcl is
heavily used in electronic design applications.  For better or worse,
tools used for FPGA and ASIC design use Tcl scripts to drive the build
process.  They may use Eclipse for the GUI, but underneath it's Tcl
driving the compilation, mapping, and place and route of Verilog and
VHDL code.

galen
--
Galen Seitz