[PLUG] Orphaned inodes

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 21:09:23 UTC 2019

Unless I'm mistaken, EXT3 and 4 will always report orphaned inodes
after a crash (if they occur). It's just part of the logging like
frank mentioned.

However, I do remember instances back when I was using EXT3 that the
journal would be replayed after normal cold boots. It was also much
slower than EXT4 which made it look scarier than it really is.