[PLUG] question on looking at systemd log files

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 15:02:34 UTC 2019

I ask this out of morbid curiosity...

How does one read systemd logs on another system? My understanding is
that it's a binary format, right? This sounds like it presents some
problems for taking a "glance" at the logs in the way Randall is
asking, since you have to run journalctl to access them.

I'd like to offer my assistance... but unfortunately systemd isn't
backwards compatible with existing infrastructure... so I can't
actually help. Hmmmm.