[PLUG] Mouse connection question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jul 4 15:48:09 UTC 2019

My old wireless Logitech trackball died of old age after the scroll wheel
stopped working and (a few days ago) the middle button stopped working
(which was my xfig end-line problem) and it would not connect to the
receiver after a battery transplant. So, time to get a new one.

Bought a Kensington orbit trackball with scroll ring.

When plugged it into the USB->DIN connector (where the old trackball
receiver was attached at the rear of the desktop) it does not work; rolling
the ball leaves the pointer in the same position.

When plugged into a USB port in the front of the desktop it works as it
should.

What might be keeping the trackball from working when connected using the DIN
converter?