[PLUG] Mouse connection question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jul 4 18:43:12 UTC 2019

On Thu, 4 Jul 2019, Tomas Kuchta wrote:

> What exactly is motivating you to go through this ordeal instead of just
> using USB for your new trackball/trackthing?

The desktop has no USB ports on the rear and two in front. I use those for
flash drives and other devices. The DIN-6 socket in the rear is not in the
way of anything else. Regardless, digging out an old 4-port USB extender is
a working solution, except that the trackball is no longer working with
either interface.

Perhaps someone on the xfce mail list has a solution for that. So far only
one response, "Well, it just works for me on Fedora." So?