[PLUG] web search post filtering

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Wed Jul 10 06:21:06 UTC 2019

Perhaps I'm losing my ability to write useful search engine
queries, but I suspect the "free" search engines are
evolving to deliver sponsored search results that only
vaguely resemble my request.

For example, get many many results to a "+word" inquiry
with no instances of the word I want.  There might be a
pony under all those horses**t results, but I don't have
the time or stamina to dig.

Is there a firefox (or chromium, or ...) browsing addon
that downloads every search result (html and text, ignoring
images etc.) from a search engine, then locally filters
those hundreds of results for MY keywords inside the addon,
showing me only the results that closely my specific query
... or none?  Perhaps enabled to include personal or
community-constructed filters, and also report statistics
and log success rates.

If you get something for free, you are the product.  I'm
tired of being bought and sold.

Keith

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com