[PLUG] web search post filtering

Rodney W. Grimes freebsd at gndrsh.dnsmgr.net
Wed Jul 10 16:56:19 UTC 2019

> On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 11:22 PM Keith Lofstrom <keithl at kl-ic.com> wrote:
>
> > Perhaps I'm losing my ability to write useful search engine
> > queries, but I suspect the "free" search engines are
> > evolving to deliver sponsored search results that only
> > vaguely resemble my request.
> >
> > For example, get many many results to a "+word" inquiry
> > with no instances of the word I want.  There might be a
> > pony under all those horses**t results, but I don't have
> > the time or stamina to dig.
> >

> On google at least, the +whatsit syntax was deprecated some time back.
> (Although the -whatsit syntax still works, I think, to filter out sites
> that contain that word.)
> Now, to set a mandatory search term, you have to enclose it in double
> quotes.

And there handling of - mid word is horrid.

ecn-sane must be done as "ecn-sane" or it breaks
it up into search for ecn or sane

Hum, maybe the fixed it, alls I know is I have a bitch
getting google to do what google use to do trivially.

--
Rod Grimes                                                 rgrimes at freebsd.org