[PLUG] OSCON Expo Plus pass

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Fri Jul 12 00:33:16 UTC 2019

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 11:35:42 -0700
Michael Dexter <dexter at pdxlinux.org> dijo:

>On 7/11/19 10:06 AM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>> I just spent nearly an hour filling out the form and finally gave up.
>> It is almost impossible to fill out all the required boxes correctly
>> and, if you do finally succeed, the Continue button gives you a page
>> indicating that you will be charged $10 for a contribution to
>> Mothercoders, even though you said No previously. There is a 'remove'
>> box you can check, but when you do the page refreshes with all the
>> boxes empty. You have to start all over again from the beginning.
>
>I will ask the O'Reilly folks.

It turns out that the button to 'remove' doesn't remove the
contribution to Mothercoders; it removes the entire form, hence having
to start all over again. The instructions at that point are not clear.
Once I figured that out I managed to register successfully.

Besides the above confusion, the form is massive. And many of the items
are marked with a red asterisk, meaning 'required,' but if any of the
items are left unanswered the form won't go through, even those not
marked with the red asterisk.