[PLUG] Problem building Supermicro 1U...

Sam's Lists samslists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 06:43:48 UTC 2019

I've bought all the parts to build a 1U server.  The motherboard is an
X11SCM-LN8F.  I've got a Xeon processor, 64 GB of RAM, and a supermicro
chassis.

I've assembled the system and it flashes up a message about IPMI when it's
turned on, and then nothing happens.  I can't get into the bios (or even
press the caps lock key and get the keyboard caps lock led to light up).

Any ideas as to what to try?

Anyone in town specialize in building rackmount servers?  I wouldn't mind
paying someone to figure out what I did wrong and fix the whole thing.

I'm not really sure otherwise how to proceed, since I can't figure out if
it's the cpu, the ram, or the motherboard.  (If I had spares I guess I
could, but I only have the one motherboard and the one cpu).

Thanks
Sam