[PLUG] IP tracking

Robert Munro robert.munro at protonmail.com
Fri Jul 26 20:46:37 UTC 2019

On 7/25/19 22:21:53, Dick Steffens wrote:>
> Is there a good place to read up on IP tracking by Google? Folks I know
> want to use Google Calendar. They are totally unsophisticated with
> regards to how Google tracks a user's IP address. I want to find some
> information I can cite to explain it to them.

If you (and they) only care about IP tracking by Google, you can simply
point them to Startpage. Startpage hides all your searches from Google.

However, your ISP sees all the websites you visit and advertisers place
trackers on individual websites that report traffic to their databases,
so your search terms are just the tip of the huge web tracking iceberg.

It's almost impossible to defeat internet tracking, unless you use TOR.