[PLUG] IP tracking

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 15:49:21 UTC 2019

You can't stop the tracking these days, it's becomed too embedded in all
online activity. The only solution is to cut yourself off from the network.

Even with VPN's and anti-tracking browser plugins they can still gather
contextual data. Duckduckgo makes a lot of claims, but their impact is
minimal.
Rather than work around the problem, we need to raise the issue
politically. But for whatever stupid fucking reason, you would rather bend
over backwards than do anything about it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-signs-measure-let-isps-sell-your-data-without-consent-n742316
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/03/29/what-to-expect-now-that-internet-providers-can-collect-and-sell-your-web-browser-history/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.fb527d1a5d44

It's a political problem now. You can't fix it with VPN's and anti-track
software.

A side effect of youth is ambition. The desire to impact the world around
you.
A side effect of age is complacency. Avoiding issues and making excuses for
being "too busy to solve that problem"

It's all just young people selling old people's data. These tech companies
view everyone over the age of 40 as a resource to be "consumed", and it
goes wayyyy beyond the IP address.