[PLUG] IP tracking

Ford Tennis ford.tennis at pcc.edu
Sun Jul 28 21:19:06 UTC 2019

Hi,

New to this list, hope I'm doing this correctly. Rather than suggesting any
kind of service (VPN, Tor, Qubes, Tails, VM's, etc.), it could be better to
consider your threat model (i.e., "who is most likely to target me/my
org/my customers?") first.

As an example, with a certain threat model one could reasonably want to
avoid divulging their software/hardware/platform/etc. on a public e-mail
thread where an attacker could/would hunt for this info from
admins/business owners.

VPN's are a good start for general privacy/usability, and less likely
(citation needed) to be targeted by an ISP, imo.