[PLUG] Librem One...

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 21:04:52 UTC 2019

Librem is the product line, referring to the hardware. The Linux
Distro they use is PureOS
https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=pureos

Important distinction. The hardware is what makes these laptops stand
out, under the hood it's still a binary distribution of Debian which
leaves plenty of room for doubt.

They claim to have put a serious amount of effort into the hardware
configuration. Hardware-based kill switches and removing Intel ME. It
really doesn't matter how secure your OS is if the CPU/Mainboard have
built-in backdoors, so I'm curious to know if these hardware switches
really do the job.

Also, look at that Atheros WIFI chip! All it needs now is a Ryzen CPU
and I'll start throwing money at them.