[PLUG] Error under Wine

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 01:31:51 UTC 2019

On 6/2/19 6:32 PM, Chuck Hast wrote:
> Well I started the program from the console to see what I got, and yes I
> got an eye full. If this will help here
> it is, it is long and ugly. Who knows what the chinese coders did but, it
> sure is a change from the original
> radio which is almost the same, but the code sure looks like it ain't.
> This is kinda long....

> 002a:err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"msdatsrc.tlb" failed with
> error 2
> 002a:err:ole:userdefined_to_variantvt Could not get typeinfo of hreftype 31
> for VT_USERDEFINED, hr = 0x80029c4a
> kp4djt at kp4djt-T420:~/.wine/drive_c$

You can ignore all the "fixme" messages.  The key error is
"msdatsrc.tlb" a Win10 component that WINE doesn't have a 'built-in'
version, so you'll have to fine a 'native' and maybe use wincfg to
create an override.

I'm no 100% certain; msdatsrc.tlb may be part of MS.NET 4.x or Microsoft
Data Access Components. WINE uses mono to minic .NET, but its not
complete esp. if some weird or undocumented feature is used.

you can play around with 'winetricks' https://wiki.winehq.org/Winetricks
to see which MS Win10 native software needs to be installed into your
WINEPREFIX. There are some WINEHQ forum talk for some applications to
try 'winetricks mdacXX' where XX is the version used in Win10 (left as
an exercise for the student!).

Also, to be clear, for some on this list, Wine Is Not an Emulator; it is
a compatibility layer that translates API calls on-the-fly. This
approach has performance advantages over a VM, but definite
disadvantages due the the fluid nature of MS Windows components.

-Ed