[PLUG] Nokia 6.1 Plus turns off quickly

wes plug at the-wes.com
Tue Jun 11 20:39:16 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 1:28 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> Ben,
>
> Nokia 6.1 Plus question.
>
> When I've unlocked the phone and looking at a text message, or just holding
> the phone, it darkens the screen then shuts off quickly; perhaps 30 seconds
> at most.
>
> I've looked for a setting to keep the display active longer and haven't
> found it. Web searches for this issue finds a number of 6.1 Plus issues and
> solutions, but this isn't covered in any of those web pages.
>
> Have you found how to keep the phone alive until manually shut off?

I'm not Ben but I may be able to offer some small insight. The feature that
controls this is called "screen lock" (or "auto lock" on some devices).
Searching up this term yielded this result:

https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_us/support/nokia-6-user-guide/protect-your-phone-with-a-screen-lock/

which suggests to look under Security in the settings area.

-wes