[PLUG] Nokia 6.1 Plus turns off quickly [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jun 11 21:52:55 UTC 2019

On Tue, 11 Jun 2019, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

> Oh, no, defanitly not turning off, because then google could not
> track your every move.

Rodney,

I should have written that the screen/display was turning off, not the whole
phone.

Well, unfortunately, the idea of 'privacy' has gone the way of the 10 cents
phone call. (I guess now one threatens to drop a dollar on someone by
calling the cops rather than dropping a dime.) Yesterday's news told us that
airline boarding passes are being replaced by facial recognition software.
George Orwell was certainly 70 years ahead of his time when he published
'1984.' Groucho Marx glasses when traveling by air?

> Android either has to be told (to shut)off or shall run until the battery
> causes a CPU reset, though it does manage to put itself into low power,
> and sometimes very low power mode before that happens.

Yep. I've done both (the drained battery intentionally, and the manual
shutdown when I didn't want to be interrupted.)

Regards,