[PLUG] Distro suggestions

Vedanta Teacher orevedantateacher at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 03:20:30 UTC 2019

Your mileage might vary but; I use Linux Mint Cinnamon 19.X

Why? I'm not an "industry insider", I still work full time in a
factory (making components for memory chips in cell phones),
I'm out of town frequently, my parents are elderly & frequently
ill, etc, etc, I just have a full plate.

The ISO is easy to download & install, they have a large database
of programs to download & install, most things can be done through
GUI, there is a large community to query if there are questions, etc.
In computer terms: "It just works".

You can also make the desktop environment very 'clean' or 'lean' I.E.
free of clutter. Years ago I used Ubuntu but the desktop looked too cartoon
like.

And if Wes is reading they cleaned up the habit of Mint Cinnamon of
hoarding Kernels and clogging up the system, it was in one of their
postings if I remember. I don't need to go into sudo every couple
of months to clean things.

Blessings,

Paul W.