[PLUG] processing csv file to get desired format

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Mar 1 14:01:01 UTC 2019

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019, Galen Seitz wrote:

> I've got a need for some sed/awk/perl/python/... hackery. I've scraped
> some data from a pinout table found in a datasheet pdf and would like to
> import it into a spreadsheet. The data looks like this:
>
> A,SDMMC0_CK,I/O,1
> B,QSPI0_SCK,O,1
> F,D0,I/O,2
> A,SDMMC0_DAT3,I/O,1
> B,QSPI0_IO3,I/O,1
> F,D5,I/O,2
> A,SDMMC0_DAT4,I/O,1
> B,QSPI1_SCK,O,1
> D,TIOA5,I/O,1
> E,FLEXCOM2_IO0,I/O,1
> F,D6,I/O,2

> SDMMC0_CK,I/O,1,QSPI0_SCK,O,1,,,,,,,,,,D0,I/O,2
> SDMMC0_DAT3,I/O,1,QSPI0_IO3,I/O,1,,,,,,,,,,D5,I/O,2
> SDMMC0_DAT4,I/O,1,QSPI1_SCK,O,1,TIOA5,I/O,1,FLEXCOM2_IO0,I/O,1,D6,I/O,2

Galen,

Have you a solution that works?

In the bottom three lines I don't see either the function letter or the pin
position. Shouldn't pin position be the key with function letters and other
information associated with each?

I'd use awk and if you're still seeking an answer tomorrow I'll take a stab
at it because if each line has a specific pattern they can be accumulated by
pin number or by function (I've not looked at the spec sheet so I'm writing
based on the above.)

Regards,