[PLUG] Google Earth on Slackware 14.2 with Nouveau

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Fri Mar 1 18:13:19 UTC 2019

This is different from my earlier attempt to run Google Earth. During
that attempt I got the text part of the GE window, but not the image
part. This time I don't get anything.

After getting the machine working again with the Nouveau driver I tried
to run Google Earth. I got this error message:

bash-4.3$ google-earth-pro
Failed to load "/opt/google/earth/pro/libevllpro.so" because
"libGLU.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
bash-4.3$

I find that libGLU is installed.

root at ENU-2:~# slackpkg file-search libGLU
Looking for libGLU in package list. Please wait... DONE
The list below shows the packages that contains "libGLU" file.
[ installed ] - glu-9.0.0-x86_64-1
root at ENU-2:~#

Do I need to create a link somewhere so google-earth-pro can see what it
needs? Or is there some other problem?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens